Simit / Turkish Sesame Bagel.
It is easy to cook Simit / Turkish Sesame Bagel using 8 ingredients and 19 steps. This can be the planning you have to do in order to smoke it.
Ingredients of Simit / Turkish Sesame Bagel
- – It’s 3 cups of plain flour.
- – You need 1 tablespoon of active dried yeast.
- – Prepare 1.5 teaspoon of salt.
- – Prepare 4-5 tablespoon of dark molasses.
- – It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- – It’s 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable oil+ more for greasing.
- – You need Handful of white and black sesame seeds.
- – Prepare of Some butter for coating.
Simit / Turkish Sesame Bagel step by step
- Add the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a pit/ well in the center and add the other ingredients except water and sesame.
- Add water gradually to knead a soft dough(you do not need to stretch and roll or knead for a long time).
- Grease the bowl and place the dough tightly tucked in it.
- Cover the bowl and place it in a warm place for rising for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, sprinkle some flour on the working bench and place the dough on it.
- Add the molasses in a bowl and make it thinner if needed by adding a few drops of water to it.
- Mix and spread the sesame seeds on a plate.
- Align a baking tray with baking sheet.
- Gently knead for a minute and divide the dough into 6 small equal portions (for small sized bagels. For medium sized make 4 portions).
- Work on each portion at a time and roll them thin like a rope using the thicker part of your palms.
- Now bring both ends together and twist starting from both ends to the center(twist tightly).
- Bring both ends together once again like a wreath.
- Coat each bagel with the molasses first and then with the sesame..
- Place them on the baking tray. Prepare the rest similarly.
- Once again, cover the bagels with a muslin cloth and allow them to rise for 30-40 minutes in a warm place.
- After about 20 minutes, preheat the oven to 200degree celcius.
- Uncover the prepared bagels after 30 minutes and bake them for 20-25 minutes or till the surface is brown (reduce temperature to 180degree after 20 minutes).
- Let cool for sometime before you can take a bite! Enjoy.
At its best, cooking can be an adventure. It’s fun to test out different seasonings, and prepare your chosen foods in a very new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and putting them to use is the best way to maintain the cuisine intriguing and tasty. Especially additional Simit / Turkish Sesame Bagel will be more interesting whenever you can provide additional creations prior to existing materials.
No one would believe that eating only locally grown foods might be a challenge. All things considered, it could be difficult to acquire fresh fish and seafood living from the desert, or unearth a resource for locally churned butter if you are living in a fisherman’s village. Just do not forget that perfection doesn’t have to be desire to; even incremental changes in terms of how we feel and shop will help the planet. And, with the plethora of information regarding recipes and cooking you can do within the Web, putting some sort of twist on local ingredients can put the journey in dining!
Source : Cookpad.com