Chewy Bagels in 90 Minutes.
It is possible to cook Chewy Bagels in 90 Minutes using 7 ingredients and 17 steps. This can be the groundwork you must do in order to cook it.
Ingredients for Chewy Bagels in 90 Minutes
- – Prepare 300 grams of Bread flour.
- – Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- – It’s 3 grams of Salt.
- – Prepare 3/4 tsp of Dry yeast.
- – Prepare 160 grams of Lukewarm water (warm to the touch).
- – It’s 1 tbsp of for 1 liter of water Honey for boiling.
- – You need 1 of Flour for dusting.
Chewy Bagels in 90 Minutes step by step
- Add yeast to the lukewarm water, mix and dissolve to activate..
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, salt and the yeast from Step 1 in a large bowl..
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl by hand. When the dough comes together and is no longer floury, move to a working surface..
- Using palms of both hands, knead the dough by pressing it away from you over and over again for 3-5 minutes (you'll see the dough gradually moistening and holding together)..
- (Note) You could also use a bread machine until this step! Set the machine before you leave the house and when you come back it is done..
- Using a knife, divide the dough into 6 portions. Roll each dough into a smooth ball. (Let it rest for 10 minutes) Cover the dough with slightly damp cloth..
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to about 20 cm in length. Tuck in both ends..
- Shape the dough into rings by covering one end over the other. Close the seam tightly. (These are pre-risen sesame bagels in the photo)..
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet, cover it with damp cloth, and allow it to rise at 25℃ room temperature [Proof for 45 minutes] When the room is cold, I put the tray on top of a skillet with hot water..
- Ref) They will look like these after 40-45 minutes of rising (these are sesame bagels). The dough has doubled in size..
- 10 minutes before rising finishes, start preheating the oven to 190℃ (if you are using a portable oven, place the baking sheet on top to help the dough to rise)..
- 5 minutes before rising finishes, bring some water to a boil in a large skillet and melt the honey (use the skillet that was used in Step 9, so you will have one less thing to clean)..
- Adjust step 12 so the water is boiling gently, slide in the dough top side down first for a minute, flip the dough and boil the other side for another minute..
- Scoop up the bagel and immediately place it onto the cooking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in a 190℃ oven and it is done!.
- I split the bagel in half by hand! It has a wonderfully nice and smooth texture! Toast and enjoy its crunchiness!.
- Black sesame bagels. The aroma of the sesame is exquisite!.
- ma-natto bagels. Make the dough long and thin then spread and roll up the ama-natto into the dough. The soft texture of the ama-natto is perfect with the bagels!.
At its best, cooking is definitely an adventure. It’s fun to test out different spices and herbs, and also to prepare your selected foods within a new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and using them is a wonderful way to maintain your cuisine intriguing and tasty. Especially for even more Chewy Bagels in 90 Minutes will be more interesting if you’re able to provide additional creations in accordance with existing materials.
No one could debate that eating only locally grown foods is usually a challenge. After all, it might be hard to find fresh fish and seafood websites that provide within the desert, or unearth an origin for locally churned butter websites that provide in a fisher’s village. Just do not forget that perfection must not be desire to; even incremental changes in terms of how we expect and shop will help the planet. And, with the plethora of details about recipes and cooking you can do around the Web, putting a worldwide twist on local ingredients can put the sport in dining!
Source : Cookpad.com