Chewy New York-Style Bagels.
It is easy to cook Chewy New York-Style Bagels using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. This can be the preparing you ought to do to cook it.
Ingredients of Chewy New York-Style Bagels
- – You need 220 grams of ●French bread flour (ER type).
- – You need 100 grams of ●Bread flour (1 CW).
- – You need 10 grams of ●Sugar.
- – It’s 5 grams of ●Baked salt.
- – It’s 2 3/10 grams of ●Dry yeast.
- – Prepare 160 grams of Water.
- – You need 1 of Corn meal (sift onto the baking tray).
- – It’s 2 tbsp of Light brown sugar (for the kettling water).
- – Prepare 1600 ml of Hot water (for kettling).
Chewy New York-Style Bagels step by step
- Add water and all ingredients marked with a ● into the bread machine. Set the "kneading" stage on your home break making machine for 7 minutes. The photo shows the dough after it's been kneaded..
- Take out the dough and knead with your hands for 3 minutes. Measure, divide into sixths, and roll them up into balls again. Cover with a damp cloth and let them rest for 10 minutes..
- With the closed end facing up, roll it into a horizontal oval. Tuck in the top and bottom sides (as in the upper photo). Press the center downwards. Again, tuck in the top and bottom sides to close the ends (as in the bottom photo)..
- Repeat Step 3 for the rest of the dough. Make sure to cover the dough with a damp cloth if you're not working on it..
- Roll the dough around and shape it into a 20 cm long stick (upper photo). Flatten one end (bottom photo). Make sure the seam side is facing up!.
- Place the unflattened end onto the flattened end. Lightly push to make the ends stick together (upper photo). Secure the end by wrapping the flattened end around it (bottom photo)..
- Flip it over to shape. Dust a baking tray with corn meal, and align the dough on top. Leave for 30 minutes in a warm place for the 2nd rising..
- Prepare the kettling water by dissolving the light brown sugar. When the dough is done rising, boil for 25 seconds on each side on water that's just below the boiling point. Wet your fingers with hot water to prevent the dough from sticking..
- Preheat oven to 220℃. Bake for 5 minutes at 210℃, then for 15 minutes at 200℃ (20 minutes in total)..
At its best, cooking is undoubtedly an adventure. It’s fun to realize different seasonings, and also to prepare your favorite foods inside a new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and putting them to use is a great way to maintain cuisine interesting and tasty. Especially for extra Chewy New York-Style Bagels may well be more interesting whenever you can provide additional creations in accordance with existing materials.
No you should debate that eating only locally grown foods generally is a challenge. Of course, it may be nearly impossible to find fresh fish and seafood living within the desert, or unearth a source for locally churned butter websites that provide in a fisherman’s village. Just take into account that perfection needn’t be the target; even incremental changes the way we expect and shop will assist the planet. And, with all the different information regarding recipes and cooking you can do to the Web, putting an international twist on local ingredients can put the action back dining!
Source : Cookpad.com