You possibly can have Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit) using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Right here is the groundwork you ought to do to prepare it.
Ingredients for Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit)
- – Prepare 2 packages of active dry yeast.
- – You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- – You need 1 cup of milk.
- – You need 1 cup of water.
- – You need 2 piece of eggs.
- – Prepare 5 cup of all-purpose flour.
- – You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- – It’s 1 cup of sesame.
- – It’s 2 tbsp of molasses.
Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit) step by step
- Mix the milk and the water, and warm it a bit..
- Add the yeast slowly while stirring the mixture..
- Add the eggs to the mixture and mix it very well. Wait for five minutes after you are done..
- Add the salt and dissolve the salt in the mixture..
- Add the flour while stirring. You may need to add more flour and stir longer until the dough gets bouncy and stops sticking to your hand..
- Put the dough in a container and cover the top (you can use a pot), and wait for 30 mins..
- While waiting for the dough, fry the sesame in a pan in a mid-heat. No need to use oil in this step..
- When dough is ready, cut pieces in the size of orange. Shape them like a cylinder and merge the ends to make a tire-like shape. It should be skinnier than bagel, please see the photo at the top for an example..
- Mix molasses with 3/4 glass of water..
- Using a brush, cover each pieces of dough with molasses sauce..
- Put the sauced dough into sesame pan and flip the dough to make sure it is covered by sesame completely..
- Preheat the oven to 400 for 12 mins..
- Place the doughs to the oven tray as shown in the picture. Use aluminum foil..
- Cook it for 20 mins in 400°F. Enjoy your simit..
At its best, cooking is an adventure. It’s fun to understand different herbs and spices, and prepare your best foods in the new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and cooking techniques is a wonderful way to keep your cuisine intriguing, notable and tasty. Especially additional Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit) will be more interesting if you possibly could provide additional creations prior to existing materials.
No you might conisder that eating only locally grown foods can be quite a challenge. In the end, it may be hard to come by fresh fish and seafood living inside the desert, or unearth a source for locally churned butter if you reside in a fishing village. Just understand that perfection doesn’t have to be the target; even incremental changes in terms of how we think and shop will conserve the planet. And, with the plethora of more knowledge about recipes and cooking you can do within the Web, putting a world twist on local ingredients can put the overall game in dining!
Source : Cookpad.com