You may cook Butter Mochi using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. This is the preparing you ought to do to cook it.
Ingredients for Butter Mochi
- – Prepare 1 lb of Mochiko Flour.
- – Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- – It’s 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- – Prepare 5 of Eggs.
- – Prepare 3 cup of Milk.
- – It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- – Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter, Melted.
- – Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Flakes, Sweetened.
Butter Mochi instructions
- Preheat oven to 350?F..
- Grease very well a 9×13 baking pan or 11×11 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder..
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir to mix well..
- Add the melted butter and coconut..
- Pour into baking pan and bake for about one hour. Place a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any drips that may occur..
- When done, let the mochi cool completely before cutting and serving..
- Variations: 1) For a Philippino version (Bibingka), replace the milk and coconut flakes with 1 can of coconut milk and 1 can of evaporated milk. 2) Leave out the coconut flakes for a non-coconut but still tasty mochi. 3) For a healthier version, try using low fat milk and an alternate sugar type (e.g. stevia, xylotol, coconut sugar, etc.). You might also want to leave out the coconut flakes..
- Tip: Make a day ahead as the mochi tastes better overnight..
At its best, cooking is definitely an adventure. It’s fun to realize different herbs and spices, as well as prepare your best foods inside a new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and using them is the best way to maintain cuisine intriguing, notable and tasty. Especially for additional Butter Mochi are often more interesting whenever you can provide additional creations according to existing materials.
No one could believe that eating only locally grown foods can be a challenge. Naturally, it would be hard to find fresh fish and seafood if you reside within the desert, or unearth a resource for locally churned butter websites that provide in an angling village. Just understand that perfection needn’t be the goal; even incremental changes in terms of how we feel and shop will conserve the planet. And, with the plethora of info on recipes and cooking available around the Web, putting an international twist on local ingredients can put the action back dining!
Source : Cookpad.com