Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake. Ozoni is a traditional Japanese New Year's specialty food made from miso soup with vegetables and mochi (rice cakes). Ramen, Hanoi-style breakfast pho, egg drop soup, and more. Our best Asian soup recipes are what we love to make on a cold day.
Cook until the vegetables are tender. If your taro potatoes are fresh, please. The name "Egg Drop" comes from how the soup is made—dropping raw egg into hot soup. You can have Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. This is actually the groundwork you have to do in order to smoke it.
Ingredients of Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake
- – Prepare 2 cups (480 ml) of water.
- – You need 100 g of carrot (grated).
- – You need 1/2 cm of ginger (grated).
- – You need 2 Tbsp of miso.
- – You need 1 Tbsp of potato starch.
- – It’s 1 Tbsp of water.
- – Prepare 2 of eggs (beaten).
- – Prepare 2 of mochi rice cakes (50g×2).
- – You need 1 of thin sliced green onion for garnish.
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. The soup usually includes mochi (rice cake), and the preparation varies by region and household. Peel carrot and slice into rounds. If you like to decorate the soup with a carrot flower Is it possible one person who serve the soup can drop mochi in boiling water and pick up before pouring the soup?
Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake step by step
- Cook grated carrot and ginger in medium heat with 2 cups water..
- Add miso to taste..
- In a small bowl, mix potato starch and 1 Tbsp water. stir it into the boiling soup and cook until the soup thickens..
- Add the beaten eggs to the boiling soup. When their colour changes, stir slowly and cook until the eggs set..
- Place mochi rice cake in a bowl, and microwave 40 seconds, or until soft..
- Pour the soup on the softened mochi rice cake and sprinkle with green onion..
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I absolutely adore a good bowl of egg drop soup. It was my favorite food in the whole entire world as a kid. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor. Bean Cakes Rice Cakes Baking Recipes Cake Recipes Dessert Recipes Nian Gao Mochi Cake Sweet Soup Asian Cake.
At its best, cooking is usually an adventure. It’s fun to experiment with different seasonings, in order to prepare your preferred foods in a new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and using them is a wonderful way to keep your cuisine intriguing and tasty. Especially for more Carrot Egg Drop Soup with Mochi Rice Cake will be more interesting if you can provide additional creations as per existing materials.
No you may believe that eating only locally grown foods might be a challenge. In the end, it might be difficult to acquire fresh fish and seafood if you live in the desert, or unearth an origin for locally churned butter living in an angling village. Just keep in mind that perfection must not be the target; even incremental changes in how we feel and shop will assist the planet. And, with all the different info on recipes and cooking that’s available about the Web, putting an international twist on local ingredients can put the action last dining!
Source : Cookpad.com