“Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake. Imo Mochi is one of the popular Hokkaido snack made with potato and potato starch. Mash the potatoes with a masher or a fork and let it cool down for few minutes. Add potato starch and knead well till get sticky.
Here in Malaysia, to sample some cuts of imo, served warm as desserts with Hokkaido style of soft. First is Hokkaido, where 'Imo-mochi' (potato cakes) are a traditional snack. Made from the potatoes which grow so abundantly in the area, they are usually eaten with a sweet-salty sauce. You may cook “Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. This can be a getting ready you should do in order to cook it.
Ingredients for “Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake
- – It’s 2 of potatoes (200 g).
- – You need 2 tbsp. of potato starch(18 g).
- – It’s 1 tbsp. of salad oil (12 g).
- – Prepare of Sauce ingredients:.
- – Prepare 3 tbsp. of ・sugar.
- – You need 2 tsp. of ・soy sauce.
- – You need 2 tsp. of ・“mirin,” sweet rice wine for cooking.
- – You need 2 tsp. of ・potato starch.
- – You need 3 tbsp. of ・water.
They can also be enjoyed with soy sauce and butter, sweet soy sauce and butter, or just butter. This was given from my Japanese colleague. I've never had this before, and when I heard the name, I thought it is something like, steamed diced sweet potato wrap with Mochi. It was steamed smashed sweet potato knead with Mochi.
“Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake step by step
- Peel the potatoes and boil them. Discard the water and burn off excess water..
- Mash the potatoes while they are hot. Once cooled down, add potato starch and mix..
- Divide the mix into four, roll each of them into a ball shape and flatten..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry both sides..
- Place the sauce ingredients in a pan, boil on low heat and stir until it is thickened..
- Pour the sauce over the sticky potato cakes..
I was told there are a few types of Imomochi. HOME > indoor > Imo-Mochi & Butter Making.
At its best, cooking is definitely an adventure. It’s fun to test out different seasonings, and to prepare your chosen foods inside of a new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and cooking techniques is a wonderful way to maintain your cuisine intriguing and tasty. Especially additional “Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake will be more interesting if you can provide additional creations as outlined by existing materials.
No you may argue that eating only locally grown foods is usually a challenge. Of course, it becomes difficult to get fresh fish and seafood the local surf forecast inside desert, or unearth a source for locally churned butter living in a fisherman’s village. Just understand that perfection must not be the aim; even incremental changes in how we think and shop will conserve the planet. And, with all the different information regarding recipes and cooking that’s available about the Web, putting a world twist on local ingredients can put the journey back dining!
Source : Cookpad.com