4 ingredient Ondeh Ondeh (Coconut Palm Sugar Mochi Balls). HAI ALL, ONDEH-ONDEH is a traditional snack of Indonesia which is widely famous in Singapore and Malaysia. Glutinous rice flour mixed with pandan juice with sugar filling makes your mouth watering. Do try out and comment below.
Growing up in Malaysia means I'm no stranger to ondeh-ondeh. I've had it for breakfast, tea, snacks So actually gula melaka is coconut palm sugar. There are other sources for palm sugars, like date, palmyra, etc. You could cook 4 ingredient Ondeh Ondeh (Coconut Palm Sugar Mochi Balls) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. This can be a preparation you need to do in order to smoke it.
Ingredients of 4 ingredient Ondeh Ondeh (Coconut Palm Sugar Mochi Balls)
- – You need 1 cup of glutinous rice flour (sweet rice flours).
- – You need 1 bunch of pandan leaves (about 20).
- – You need 1/4 cup of Gula Melaka (chopped).
- – Prepare 1 cup of Dessicated coconut.
- – Prepare 200 ml of water.
Here where I live they label and sell. Please try this Pandan Balls with Coconut Sugar (Ondeh-Ondeh) at home. Its Yummy Kids will Love & Enjoy it.!!!!! and please share it. Also please share your feedback about the recipe in the comments below by Idhu Namma FoodCourt.
4 ingredient Ondeh Ondeh (Coconut Palm Sugar Mochi Balls) step by step
- Make pandan extract. Blend pandan leaves with 200 ml of water. Sieve through coffee filters or cheesecloth to extract about 125ml (1/2 cup) of extract..
- Mix pandan extract with glutinous rice flour. Mould into a dough, it should be slightly sticky but should not crack. Add more water if needed..
- Pinch 2 tsp of dough and roll into a ball. Throw it in boiling water and cook till dough floats up. Throw the cooked dough back into the remaining dough and knead well. This will help to gel the dough together..
- Pinch 2 tsp of dough and place 1/2 tsp of gula Melaka in it. Roll into a ball. Immediately throw in boiling water to boil for 5-10mins or till the dough floats to the surface..
- Take mochi out with a sieve and roll it on a plate of dessicated coconut. You can also add some salt to the coconut if you like :).
Each onde-onde is coated with fresh shredded coconut. Get all the tips to make this traditional dessert. Its pandan flavoured skin wraps semi-melted palm sugar that would burst upon the first bite. Ondeh-Ondeh, Pandan-Flavored Glutinous Rice Balls with Palm Sugar, Buah Melaka, Klepon. These balls of Ondeh-Ondeh are so fun to eat.
At its best, cooking is undoubtedly an adventure. It’s fun to realize different herbs and spices, also to prepare your best foods in a new way. Combining local, fresh foods with global recipes and using them is a powerful way to maintain your cuisine intriguing, notable and tasty. Especially for further 4 ingredient Ondeh Ondeh (Coconut Palm Sugar Mochi Balls) are often more interesting when you can provide additional creations in accordance with existing materials.
No you may debate that eating only locally grown foods generally is a challenge. After all, it may be hard to find fresh fish and seafood if you live from the desert, or unearth a source for locally churned butter websites that provide in a fisherman’s village. Just understand that perfection doesn’t have to be desire to; even incremental changes in terms of how we expect and shop will assist the planet. And, with all the different info on recipes and cooking that is available about the Web, putting a global twist on local ingredients can put the sport in dining!
Source : Cookpad.com