Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken).
It is easy to cook Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken)
- Prepare 1 lb of Chicken Thigh.
- Prepare of Olive oil for frying.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sake / rice wine.
- It’s 1.5 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- It’s of Batter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1.5 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoon of potato starch.
Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken) instructions
- Cut chicken into cubes (cut a little bit bigger than what you like in the end).
- In a ziplock, combine all the marinade ingredients and chicken and mix it well by your hands from outside of the bag, like massaging the meat and the marinade. Rest it in the fridge overnight. (Or you can store it in the freezer until the day you cook).
- 1 hour before start cooking, add the egg into the ziplock bag and mix it well. Rest for 30 mins..
- If you prefer the outside to be fluff like a beer-battered fried fish, combine the flour and starch into the same bag with the chicken and mix well inside of the bag. If you like it to be crispy, you can combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and coat the chicken before frying; work one piece at a time.
- Deep fry the chicken; never crowd the pot! If you have a staub pot, you can fry the chicken with the lid closed on mid-high heat until the sounds from the pot gets quieter(5mins or so). Open the lid and cook 2 more mins on high heat.
Finally, enjoy the food item with the recipe above. You too can put a few creations to suit your taste because each tastes will vary and since that cooking more enjoyable. Be sure and try our other recipes.
Source : Cookpad.com