Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom). Super Easy Lor Mai Gai Recipe Lo Mai Gai is a popular and super tasty dimsum dish of steamed glutinous rice topped with Chinese sausage and dark soy sauce chicken and mushrooms. Glutinous rice, also known as sweet or sticky rice can be easily purchased at any Asian grocery store..
Add some fried shallots and mushroom slices, a few slices of Chinese sausages and seasoned chicken and pork slices. Fill up with glutinous rice and press down with a ladle. Turn over the rice bowl onto a plate and serve Loh Mai Kai. You can actually cook Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- It’s 2 of boneless thighs.
- It’s 6 of Chinese mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of lapcheong (Chinese sausage).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg (optional).
- You need of Glutinous Rice Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fried shallot oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water x2.
- Prepare of Chicken Marinade.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Chinese cookong wine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ginger juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
It has been a long time since I had a good one. The Siew Pau stall sold this. Some recipes require cooking the glutinous rice first, then steam the rice after assembling the cooked rice with chicken and other ingredients. Place chicken, mushrooms, shrimps and lap cheong into the pot of your rice cooker or a large non-stick cooking pot. 'Lo mai gai' or chinese steamed glutinous rice with chicken, mushrooms and Chinese sausages is a common dim sum dish.
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) instructions
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice for at least 6 hours, then drain. (Note: This helps to soften the rice).
- Marinate chicken, soak mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil..
- Boil egg and slice into 6 wedges. Stir fry chicken with marinade..
- Heat up oil in pan to fry the glutinous rice in seasoning and 1/2 cup of water till fragrant. Add the other 1/2 cup of water at the end to stand for a bit..
- Put some chicken, mushrooms, lapcheong and an egg wedge into each bowl. Then add glutinous rice. Place bowls into steamer..
- Pour leftover sauce from chicken into each bowl and steaming for about 30 minutes. Topple bowl contents onto a plate to serve..
Chinese Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken, Lor Mai Kai, 糯米鸡. While this glutinous rice dish always uses chicken, the vegetarian version is quite popular too. Lo Mai Gai is the transliteration of 糯米鸡 in Cantonese, which means steamed glutinous rice with In Hong Kong, you will be served with the glutinous rice and chicken wrapped in lotus leaves. Lo Mai Gai (糯米雞) is a savoury steamed glutinous rice dish which are commonly found in dim sum restaurants. In Malaysia, they are served in a small stainless For us, a good lo mai gai must have sticky, soft and flavorful glutinous rice, moist and juicy chicken and a meaty Chinese mushroom.
Finally, enjoy thier food from the recipe above. You can also add a few creations to fit your taste because each tastes fluctuate and because that makes cooking more enjoyable. Remember to try our other recipes.
Source : Cookpad.com