It is possible to cook Wholemeal Bread Recipe using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wholemeal Bread Recipe
- Prepare 100 g of Italian Bread Flour.
- Prepare 400 g of Wholemeal Flour.
- You need 1 Pack of Organic Dried Active Yeast.
- It’s 1.5 Tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 480 ml of Water (between 30°-40°C).
- It’s of Wholemeal Flour for Dusting.
- It’s of Sunflower Oil for Coating.
Wholemeal Bread Recipe instructions
- Combine all ingredients (no need to activate yeast, put straight in with dry ingredients) to make a rough dough – dough will naturally come away from edges of bowl. Let sit for 1 hour, covering bowl with warm damp towel..
- Working around the dough, fold each of the 4 edges to the centre working in a + and then x pattern. Cover bowl with warm damp towel. Let rest for 1-2 hours.
- Dust work surface work, lightly coat a bowl in oil, enough to catch a dusting of flour. Place dutch oven in the oven and preheat at 240°C, bottom element only..
- Turn out the dough on to the dusted surface and fold edges to centre again, pushing out any large bubbles..
- Shape dough in to loaf and let prove once more in the oiled and dusted bowl, seam side down for 30 mins – 1 hr (do not overproof). Cover with oiled clingfilm to avoid drying of dough/early crust formation, stopping bread from rising..
- Using an oiled hand, turn out dough on to a dusted surface and put in to dutch oven, seam side down. Score top of loaf and cook for 30 mins with the lid on. Then a further 15 mins lid off. Amend time if necessary by checking bread in 5 min intervals. Knocking on bread should sound hollow. Should hear bread cracking..
- Cool on rack and wait at least 20 mins before slicing..
- Note: this bread came out absolutely beautifully following recipe as above. However, next time I want to try it with slightly less water..
Finally, enjoy your food from the recipe above. Additionally acquire a few creations to suit your taste because each tastes are different wedding party that cooking more enjoyable. Do not forget to try our other recipes.
Source : Cookpad.com