Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters. Kamut wheat is renowned for its delicious buttery, nutty flavor, and high nutritional value. It has a unique golden hue, and when combined with conventional wheat bread flour, it makes a pale, open, and airy crumb. You are here Yellow Squash is a staple in many Southern gardens.
If you've got some extra squash around, you should really try these delicious Squash Fritters. I've used both spelt and kamut flour in loaves that included strong white bread flour with great success and flavour, which you can find in my recipe index Spelt and khorason (kamut is actually the brand name, the entire grain has a brand!) are wonderfully tasty grains that are lovely and nutty and chewy. Starter created with the fantastic kit received by post, very average electric oven, kamut and spelt flour, lots of love, a great result ! You will be able to have Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters
- It’s 1 cup of discarded sourdough starter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Kamut flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 4 cup of shredded yellow squash.
- It’s 1/4 cup of perilla leave pickle, optional.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
This is a lovely twist on squash. It is a tasty dish to have with chicken, pork, or just about any type of meat. Grate the squash with a cheese grater into mixing bowl. Add the cheese, onion and egg.
Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters step by step
- Mix a cup of discarded sourdough starter with kamut and water. Set in a warm place to ferment for about 3~4 hours..
- Shred yellow squash or any variety of summer squash. Add two tsp salt to remove excess water and it also serves to flavor squash up. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- Squeeze out as much water as possible..
- Slide perilla leave pickle or use same amount of kimchi or even kraut..
- In a large bowl, mix together the batter and veggies. Season with powers..
- Fry them on a crepe maker or any flat pan you have on high heat with olive oil. Turn down the heat in a few seconds once all fritters are getting in. Cook both sides until golden. Serve immediately..
Kamut is such an amazing flour to work with and eat. The depth of flavour, subtle sweetness and tender crumb has me absolutely hooked. Now I just need to find someone who will sell it to me in large quantities!! Spelt kamut sourdough made with tangzhong water or milk roux makes soft bread with crispy crust that stays fresh. I make my dough so wet that it's impossible to shape and I literally pour it into a very hot Dutch oven.
Finally, enjoy the produce from your recipe above. You can even put in a few creations to fit your taste because each tastes are different and also since that makes cooking more enjoyable. Do not forget to try our other recipes.
Source : Cookpad.com