You will be able to cook Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting
- You need of For Candy:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn syrup.
- It’s 1 stick of real butter.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded coconut.
- You need 1-2 cups of pecans. Put as little or many as you like.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Notes:.
- You need of You can drop like a cookie or pour into pan and cut into squares.
Coconut Pecan Candy or Frosting instructions
- Line a baking sheet or pan with wax or parchment paper. Set aside..
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter..
- On medium high heat, stir until mixture comes to a rolling boil..
- Without stirring, let mixture boil 5 minutes or to 235 on a thermometer. Soft ball stage..
- After time is up, remove from heat and add vanilla..
- Stir then add coconut and pecans..
- Stir off heat about 5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken some..
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper lined baking sheets. Or you can pour mixture into pan and cut..
- When completely cool, store in layers with wax paper between to keep from sticking..
- If using for frosting, let cool stirring occasionally until it thickens and is spreadable. Put in between layers of cake or frost 9×13 cake..
Finally, enjoy the foodstuff belonging to the recipe above. Additionally add a few creations to fit your taste because each tastes are not the same and furthermore,as generates cooking more enjoyable. Be sure to try our other recipes.
Source : Cookpad.com